2:45 AM
Welcome Guest
RSS

Mid Michigan Beekeeper's Club
Main Registration Login
laying workers - Forum - Swarm Call - local items for sale »
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum - Swarm Call - local items for sale » Open Discussion Area » Bee Related » laying workers
laying workers
BradDate: Sunday, 2009-06-14, 9:12 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Moderators
we had started a few splits and not all at once but they started to get a queen laying (this is good)
well one was taking its sweet old time then on an ispection we said good there is eggs but wait there was multiple eggs in each cell some as many as 4-5
laying workers with an S more than one female starts too lay this is why you get the multiple eggs per cell (sort of last chance to pass thier genes on)
so we simply took the frames with bees and shook them off at the enterence of a strrong hive there is other ways to deal with the situation but this is fast and simple
it was our first time dealing with this so i thought i would share it
then when we arrived home to a phone message for a swarm we went and cought it guessing 4-5 lbs a nice one

JimDate: Monday, 2009-06-15, 8:33 PM | Message # 2
Sergeant
Group: Administrators
Congrats on the swarm. Regarding the hive with the laying bees, are you saying that you just essentially combined them with another hive and gave up on the nuc spit? And did the bees just march into the new hive without a battle?

BradDate: Friday, 2009-06-19, 10:43 PM | Message # 3
Private
Group: Moderators
yes they marched right in the hive i used an inner cover and made a ramp some went into the air some went into the grass some went straight into the hive
i still plan to make summer icrease i have 12 colonies now i hope to have 30 established before winter but any week ones will be combined with a strong one

Forum - Swarm Call - local items for sale » Open Discussion Area » Bee Related » laying workers
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Website builderuCoz