9:46 AM
Welcome Guest
RSS

Mid Michigan Beekeeper's Club
Main Registration Login
New to the forum & a beginner - Forum - Swarm Call - local items for sale »
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum - Swarm Call - local items for sale » Local Product's and Services » Wanted - Looking for Items » New to the forum & a beginner (New member & beginner needs help)
New to the forum & a beginner
KAS1210Date: Tuesday, 2009-06-16, 1:29 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Checked
I am new to this forum, and would like to say hello to everyone. I am a beginner in this and would like to know some info. I have no equipment as of yet, would be interested in purchasing a hive(5 frame) as I am just getting started, but would like to know what the best & most inexpensive way to get going. I had a woman contact me about a nest that I am welcome to come & get, but I'm not prepared, and do not have what I need. Do I need to start out with new supplies? Does anyone sell used hives in good condition? Thanks for any info that you can help me with. I spoke to Clint here from the list and he's very helpful. Thanks Clint.
Sincerely
Kim

LumpyGravyDate: Tuesday, 2009-06-16, 3:49 PM | Message # 2
Sergeant
Group: Administrators
Welcome to the site! I know some people on this site makes brand new hives and I am thinking you may have some luck picking up some used equipment also... I am actually hoping to get my first hive tonight myself and I have been coming to our bee club meetings from early spring onwards.... all I can do is advise to do what I did.. read everything I can find on the web and talk to as many people locally as I can.. Will you be able to join us at out club picnic on the 11th of July? It is my understanding some used equipment may be picked up at this meeting.. I hope smile

JimDate: Tuesday, 2009-06-16, 10:36 PM | Message # 3
Sergeant
Hi Kim. Welcome to the forum. Paul is right. It would be a good experience for you to come to our bee club meetings. It's a very informal affair, and there are many people there more than willing to offer help and advice. If you would like to call me I would be happy to talk to you about getting started. I'll send you a private message with my phone number.

Cheers
Jim

ClintDate: Wednesday, 2009-06-17, 7:14 AM | Message # 4
Private
Hello Kim. I get my new equipment from a friend out in Almont who sells it. It's very reasonably priced. PM me and I'll give you and anyone else who wants it, his info.

Clint

JimDate: Wednesday, 2009-06-17, 2:46 PM | Message # 5
Sergeant
Hi Clint. My guess is that you're talking about Bob Hollis. And I would agree, he is very reasonably priced also you save money on shipping.

ClintDate: Thursday, 2009-06-18, 7:49 AM | Message # 6
Private
Yes Jim you are correct. Bob is da man!!bob's bees

nbarry33Date: Tuesday, 2012-12-04, 10:37 PM | Message # 7
Private
Group: Users
Hello,

Im new here and wanted to say hello. I am hoping to come to some meetings but would love to take a tour of someone's setup. Im a hands on learner. Anyone interested or know anyone interested? Ive been catching bees barehanded since I learned how to walk smile

Thanks!

Forum - Swarm Call - local items for sale » Local Product's and Services » Wanted - Looking for Items » New to the forum & a beginner (New member & beginner needs help)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Website builderuCoz