Tuesday
2024-04-16
8:08 AM
Welcome Guest
RSS

Mid Michigan Beekeeper's Club
Main Registration Login
$1000 for mid mich bee club from MBA - Forum - Swarm Call - local items for sale »
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum - Swarm Call - local items for sale » Open Discussion Area » Unrelated (Talk about anything and everything) » $1000 for mid mich bee club from MBA (we need non profit status)
$1000 for mid mich bee club from MBA
BradDate: Sunday, 2009-05-10, 8:43 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Moderators
hello all i was at the MBA board meeting yesterday and they passed a motion to give money to all the clubs and if i have thhis correct all clubs will recieve 500 to do as we wish to promote beekeeping and a chance to recieve another 500 with a letter to the board explaining how and why we need the money i am not sure if we need our non profit staus to recieve the money or to avoid some tax

LumpyGravyDate: Sunday, 2009-05-10, 9:54 PM | Message # 2
Sergeant
Group: Administrators
Wow we really need to take advantage of this.. If we can't come up with anything to spend it on we can always earmark the second $500 for community education and run a series of classes for education of the public and offer classes at no or little cost to the public!

Maybe we can use some of the first $500 chunk of money to pay any fee's in officially going non-profit so all our paperwork would be in order for ordering supplies tax free for club projects and classroom materials.

JimDate: Monday, 2009-05-11, 9:23 AM | Message # 3
Sergeant
Group: Administrators
That is very nice. I know one of the things our President spoke of was starting a hive for educational purposes. It would be kept somewhere locally and maintained, with our help, perhaps by a group of school children. Another idea I have heard is to start a library of both video and books for educational purposes. And one idea that I like is to have some sort of presentation aid such as power point or some type of equipment to show video's we could make of hive inspections, powdered sugar shakes, extracting honey, uses of beeswax, etc..

Jim W.

BradDate: Monday, 2009-05-11, 9:52 AM | Message # 4
Private
Group: Moderators
some sort of powere point type something for presentations is a great idea

Forum - Swarm Call - local items for sale » Open Discussion Area » Unrelated (Talk about anything and everything) » $1000 for mid mich bee club from MBA (we need non profit status)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Website builderuCoz